HATS Home Page
Hostel Alumni Team Stewardship (HATS)
and providing assistance to hostel staff and mess workers ...
HATS is an important alumni-driven initiative that aims to channel the affinity and affection that many alumni have for their Hostels. HATS started with the Hostel 7 campaign "In Service of the Lady" in 2006, and continued with the Hostel 4 HATS campaign which launched with a bang in 2009. Under the leadership of an enthusiastic "core team", HATS will leverage the past successes to develop a campaign for all hostels. You can view the HATS presentation made on Alumni Day 26th Dec, 2010 by clicking here and HATS intro video by clicking here.
HATS will focus on the following key goals:
- Improve hostel infrastructure and facilities
- Assist mess workers
- Increase interaction between alumni and students
- Empower students to improve their living conditions under the aegis of Make Hostel My Home. (MHMH)
- Organize hostel level reunions in each hostel on Alumni Day. (generally last Sunday of every year) This was started successfully on Dec 26, 2010. This year its on 30th December.
Continuing the legacy of bolstering hostel infrastructure and living standards, this year Hostel 8 pioneered the Laundromat project after months of brainstorming to overcome the problem of hanging laundry in hostel corridors. 4 washers and 6 dryers have been installed, and inauguration took place on 25th August 2012. Click here for Project report and here for inauguration report. This pilot project, when successful, would be implemented in all hostels subsequently.
With the launch of HATS in every hostel last year, the Institute Reunion is no more the same. Now, every hostel boasts a grand Hostel Reunion, coupled with fun-filled interaction with present students and events & games in the hostels, virtually all night (or till you can survive at night).
With the inauguration of the Mess Worker's Incentive Fund (a give-back tribute for the mess workers) in 2010 with the kick-start of HATS program, last year most of the hostels achieved their target and others are thriving towards that.
Hence, with pride, hostels invite you to the Hostel Reunion on the 30th of December, in schedule with the Institute Reunion, and urge you to spend a weekend in the Hostel, to relive, what you missed in the last so many years.
Calling for volunteers from ALL hostels ...
If you wish to help out, please write to ...
Hemant Patel & Bakul Desai - HATS Co-Chairs
hats_team [at] iitbombay.org
Some HATS related updates:
- Total funds collected till 7th September,2012: Rs. 1.48 Crores.
- Total No of donors worldwide: 420
- Hostels leading the race: 7, 4 and 8.
- Mess workers helped by HATS: approx 200
- State of the art Gym purchased by H4
- Bookshelves, designed by Rupee symbol designer Uday Kumar, installed in all rooms of H7.
- Digital camera, musical instruments, Home Theatre and Projector purchased by H2.
- Digital camera purchased by H3.
- Laundromats installed and inaugurated in H8.